In view of the COVID-19 pandemic, IEEE SENSORS 2021 has been moved to a fully virtual conference. We have opted for a format where each contributed poster presentation will take the form of a Live presentation in Gather with a live Q&A and a pre-recorded video on the virtual platform for reference.
We request you prepare and upload a video of your presentation, comprised of a brief introduction with webcam, if desired, followed by voice over slides for your presentation. This will be posted within your presentation time slot on the IEEE SENSORS 2021 on-demand virtual platform. Please note that the file must be a video file in MP4 format (more details below). Please do not try to upload PowerPoint or PDF files.
Our recommended approach to record a compatible video from content displayed on your computer screen and voice recorded via the computer microphone, is to record the presentation using Zoom, available to users on most platforms and in most countries:
Instructions for recording your presentation with Zoom:
There are several video conferencing tools available to easily record a presentation. Here are some links to instructions on recording a meeting on common platforms:
- WebEx: Video Conferencing – Record a Cisco Webex Meeting
- Skype: Skype for Business: Recording a Meeting | Information Technology Services | Bemidji State University
- Google Meet: Record a video meeting – Meet Help
- Zoom: Local Recording – Zoom Help Center
- Gotomeeting: How to Record a GoToMeeting Session | Techwalla and How to Convert and Open the GoToMeeting Recordings
- Microsoft Teams: Record a meeting in Teams – Office Support
- For Authors located in China who are unable to access Zoom for free, use of the free software OBS, which allows also to capture simultaneously yourself while speaking and your slides:
https://obsproject.com/ You can also use the two-step method covered below:
In order for videos to be properly placed on the virtual platform, there is some urgency in preparing and uploading your video. Accordingly, we ask you that you please finalize your video no later than September 29th, 2021.
Guidelines for preparing your video:
- Duration: 3 – 4-minute presentation
- File size: 250 MB max
- Video file format: mp4
- Dimensions: Minimum height 720 pixels, aspect ratio: 16:9
You will receive a submission link and additional information to submit your work no later than September 24th. Please prepare your presentation and additional submission data prior to the submission deadline.
Live Poster Session Format
- Live poster sessions will take place in the Virtual Poster Hall in Gather.town.
- You and all conference attendees will have a virtual avatar to navigate within Gather.town
- Your poster will be uploaded to your assigned poster space within your assigned poster room
- You must remain at your poster for the full duration of your scheduled poster session.
- Attendees will virtually “walk” up to your poster and have live discussions with you during the scheduled live poster session.
Please note the final specifications will be checked at the time of submission and files not compliant may not be uploaded.
Please be sure the video includes the title of the paper, the authors, and a mention to IEEE SENSORS 2021.
We hope IEEE SENSORS 2021 is a success despite the difficult situation and this virtual conference format. We thank you for your cooperation in this endeavor.